Modeling and schematics  
Looking for schematics or helpful tips on modeling? This might be the place for you to share your ideas. 
Re: U552 Interior Lighting
Date: September 04, 2019 10:12PM

Hi, in the type IXC there was no red lighting. Quoting the US Navy Evaluation found here [uboatarchive.net] "Low level illumination for dark adaptation is not provided. Control instruments have been treated with relatively long persistence phosphorescent material." I believe that the type VII was the same. In type VII Manual found here [uboatarchive.net] it says "The night lighting is powered from light groups and in the following rooms consists of:
Petty officers room, Officers and chief petty officers room, Forward torpedo room" Note the "night lighting" which I think is just dim lighting not red lighting is found in the living spaces and not in the control room or conning tower. There is no mention of any lighting for night adaptation. I believe that the watchstanders wore goggles to adapt before going onto the bridge. Probably at night the control room and conning tower were kept very dimm to avoid any light being visible from the open conning tower hatch. Jerry

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
U552 Interior Lighting DisturbingWorms 09/02/2019 08:43AM
Re: U552 Interior Lighting Jerry and Charla Mason 09/04/2019 10:12PM

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.