Technology and Operations  
This forum is for discussing technological & operational matters pertaining to U-boats. 
Identification of rare (older?) variant of G7 torpedo
Posted by: VC54002 ()
Date: September 26, 2018 09:03PM

Greetings

I'm trying to find out in which variant of the G7 torpedo this engine could have been used: [i.imgur.com]

The diagrams were found in an abandoned naval military base (That's why they are in such a bad condition) in Spain which most likely indicate that they were sent with the torpedoes as part of Program Bär, the problem is that the torpedoes sent to Spain were G7a(T1) and G7e(T3) variants. At first the G7a seems like the most likely answer but the engine looks like an older version and the rest of the diagrams show parts that don't match any G7a manual.

If anyone who could provide some information is interested I will send the scans of the diagrams (Showing the engine, speed regulator and other mechanisms) to them.

Regards, Adam.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Identification of rare (older?) variant of G7 torpedo VC54002 09/26/2018 09:03PM
Re: Identification of rare (older?) variant of G7 torpedo Scott Sorenson 10/08/2018 06:56PM
Re: Identification of rare (older?) variant of G7 torpedo VC54002 10/08/2018 09:02PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.