RE: The Hull (Pressure Hull)
Posted by: Robert Eno ()
Date: July 29, 2000 01:13PM

Thanks to the Captain and to Superkraut for your answers. It's becoming clearer now. When I was last in Laboe, I had the rare opportunity to be the only visitor to U995 for a good hour so I examined the boat in great detail, inlcuding the configuration of the frames over the torpedo hatches. I found it quite ingenious how they overcame this little problem. Regrettably, I was unable to really have a good look at the welding and in any case, my knowlege of welding techniques is pretty limited.

Captain: your detailed description suggests that you are either a naval architech, a submariner or just an exceptionally knowledgable person. Would you be able to suggests a book or manual where I could get a nice thorough overview of the nuts and bolts of U-boat construction? This area fascinates me. Last year, a friend of mine, who is a sea captain and a marine surveyor, came up to my home to survey an old 50' motor-assisted ketch. I spent a few days crawling all over this vessel with him and learned quite a bit (not enough to be a surveyor though). I would love to be able to do the same in a submarine!

regards to all

Robert Eno

Subject Written By Posted
The Hull (Pressure Hull) The Captain 07/28/2000 10:22PM
RE: The Hull (Pressure Hull) Robert Eno 07/29/2000 01:13PM
Re: The Hpressurz Hullzull (Pressure Hull) perew 05/16/2017 11:58PM