Technology and Operations  
This forum is for discussing technological & operational matters pertaining to U-boats. 
RE: hydroginperoxide
Posted by: Robert Eno ()
Date: September 22, 2000 12:01AM

As usual Joe, you are right on top of the technical stuff and have provided a detailed and interesting answer. I'd love to have even a tenth of your knowledge of U-boats. In the meantime, I will continue to enjoy this forum for the level of expertise to be found in our crewmates.

On hydrogen peroxide, I'll add my two bits' worth:

Things have not changed much in terms of the difficulty in handling high strength H202. Several years ago, I was in charge of a research project where we had considered using H202 to achive our goals (I won't get into the dreary details). It was deemed too damned expensive and too dangerous to get the stuff into the remote site where we were working. I also provide seminars, as a part of my job, on the handling of hazardous materials. Oxidizers, such as H202 are extremely dangerous. I'd rather deal with a nuclear reactor.

regards,

Robert Eno

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
hydroginperoxide Jochen 09/20/2000 07:57AM
RE: hydroginperoxide joe brandt 09/21/2000 02:18AM
RE: hydroginperoxide Robert Eno 09/22/2000 12:01AM
Walter H2O2 Engine Don Baker 09/21/2000 10:50PM
RE: Walter H2O2 Engine jochen 09/22/2000 08:01AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.