Technology and Operations  
This forum is for discussing technological & operational matters pertaining to U-boats. 
RE: Uboat accidents?
Posted by: Merlin ()
Date: February 21, 2001 01:11AM

Yes thats understandable. Still isn\'t it strange that so many accidents happened in that time frame? Being in WW2 is hazardous enough without having a massive toilet leak:) As i was saying more accidents did happen towards the end of the war (within the last 2 years) than b4. I didn\'t think of the fleet size effecting that. That would be a logical answer, but still so many? Being in war is dangerous for any ship, but why so dangerous in these specific years? Also why isn\'t some of these sunken subs raised? I believe it would be nice for the family to have their realitives remains buried on land. Has anyone ever considered raising one of the wreaks? It could provide info on the conflict and maybe give some knowledge. If it were possible to raise a sub which had burst from pressure we could see the affects of it first hand. See ya.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Uboat accidents? Merlin 02/19/2001 09:16PM
RE: Uboat accidents? kurt 02/20/2001 05:55PM
RE: Uboat accidents? Merlin 02/21/2001 01:11AM
RE: Uboat accidents? Steve Cooper 02/21/2001 06:01PM
RE: Uboat accidents? zach 02/24/2001 06:16PM
RE: Uboat accidents? Michael 02/27/2001 03:09PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.