Technology and Operations  
This forum is for discussing technological & operational matters pertaining to U-boats. 
Time to Shift Targets
Posted by: sestrawn ()
Date: May 09, 2010 04:52PM

I am looking help in clarification of the operational mechanism/process for the torpedo taqrget setup. For context, I am 'fine-tuning' a miniature wargaming ruleset for WWII submarine warfare, and hope to retain as much accuracy as I can. While the system is simultaneous movement, turn length represents a finite number of activities per turn (or turns per activity).

From my reading it appears that each torpedo target takes time to 'setup'. For the US, assuming a 8-10 sec time delay between torpedos launched in a spread, it would appear a 30+ sec before a new target would be setup in the TDC (not counting delays for observation w/o periscope detection - assuming daylight attack).

German boats seem to have fired at up to 4 targets in a single salvo. This would tend to indicate a simpler 'TDC'.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Time to Shift Targets sestrawn 05/09/2010 04:52PM
Re: Time to Shift Targets rhokane 07/06/2010 10:53PM
Re: Time to Shift Targets sestrawn 07/08/2010 03:35PM

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.