Technology and Operations  
This forum is for discussing technological & operational matters pertaining to U-boats. 
Deck stowage
Posted by: TopherVIIC ()
Date: January 24, 2012 09:52PM

Hey folks...
I am working on drawings, and a build, which I wont go into here, but I have some questions that might best be answered here. If it is in the wrong spot, forgive me! :-)

I see this deck stowage box listed on every drawing I have of type VIIC and VIIC/41, and I see it referenced in a rough sort of way from the front looking aft in the drawing of D.Spt 106 from "Anatomy..."

I would like to know more of how it is constructed, and how it is accessed from the deck.

It seems to me that this box, the anchor chain and hawse are inter-related, and possibly go through this box.

I would like to know how this happens! :-)
Do any of you have pics or refs that show more?
I would like to build the model with this deck hatch open, as we all know that open deck hatches make cooler toys to look at! ;-)

Secondary question - the row of small round drainage holes in that area of the bows and the structural work that supports the steel part of the casing on both the Atlantic and regular bow...

I assume those holes sit above the Bow buoyancy tank, or are somehow sep. from it, but that whole construction is puzzling.

Trying to construct the frames, the bow supports, our little Deck storage box, the bow buoyancy tank, those little drain holes and the towhook well, it is making me scratch my head a little!
It is funny, because till you try to draw that area of the ship, and then try to build it in miniature, one is easily tricked into thinking that part will be easy.

Thanks from a lightly stranded modeler!
Cheers
Christopher

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Deck stowage TopherVIIC 01/24/2012 09:52PM
Re: Deck stowage TopherVIIC 01/25/2012 01:32AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.