Technology and Operations  
This forum is for discussing technological & operational matters pertaining to U-boats. 
Torpedo pistols
Posted by: aquelarrefox ()
Date: April 29, 2020 05:50PM

Since a time I was looking about torpedoes pistols, but I get a little confused and I want to see if is possible to make this stuff. Generally, pistols were mentioned in torpedoes crisis but I can't find some compete understanding of some facts.

Far I know in a short description is that at tube bombing of war exist impact pistols and magnetic pistols, separate. In a comment in subsim, a valuable people, commented that they weren't possible to switch while they departed.

In some places indicates that t2 only uses magnetic pistol, something I'm not sure. During Norway operations, the domitz order and contra order of only impact and then only magnetic. So what's happens, they have pistols to interchange in Sea operations? They only use one type of torpedoes during this orders and the others were stored until get in port?

In some stage appears pi ge7a(a+b) as better impart only pistol I believe only for t1.

What were using t2/t3 until pi2 are operational?

The pi2 in 1942 is mentioned as magnetic/impact switchable, but in other places said that until pi3 this was not possible. Used in t3.

In late war, 1943 dual pistol pi3 were mounted in t1. So here we shield effective switch between impact and impact/magnetic. Until that date, what was the procedure.

If someone have a complete list of pistol.models and with witch model of torpedoes was implemented and more important, when they uses.

Also a side question, what torpedoes and pistols employed in far east operation in mosoun operation, only ato? That were supplied by a bloqueade runner, I believe, I don't see japaneses building torpedoes for the little girls of ubouts in that region.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Torpedo pistols aquelarrefox 04/29/2020 05:50PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.