Warship forum  
A forum for the Allied Warships section. 
USS Newcomb
Posted by: Scott Sanders ()
Date: December 11, 2003 06:49PM

<HTML> During the battle of Okinawa, my uncle was stationed on the Uss Newcomb. Through the years I've heard several versions of the events, but seem to get confused somewhat. It's my understanding that when they where hit by the 5 Kamakaze planes, several of the crew were lost overboard. During the battle at some point several of the crewmen, after floating for hours, were then picked up as POW's by a Japanese Submarine. While being held on the Japanese Sub, the allied forces happened to sink the Japanese Sub. So, getting to my point, does anyone have a more concrete account of this particular event. My uncle and several of his crew members survived the miraculous event, and still tell stories of the heroism the enitre crew of USS Newcomb lived.

I would greatly appreciate any information that could be sent to me on these accounts. Granted, there may be some differences, but still the entire crew of this Fletcher Class Destroyer were heroes. And those real life heroes are the ones we need to know about.

Thanks,
Scott Sanders</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
USS Newcomb Scott Sanders 12/11/2003 06:49PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.