Warship forum  
A forum for the Allied Warships section. 
hms bergamot
Posted by: peter kemp ()
Date: December 25, 2003 10:37PM

<HTML>Any info on history of above Flower class vessel. I Had friend who served on her from new from H&W Belfast. From convoy duties based at Bathurst in West Africa. To Russian convoys. I have an old diary of his for either 1941 or 1942 and would like to learn more of ships activities. What became of her after time with Free French navy?. Also I think this is an excellent site as i have always been fascinated with the struggle in the North Atlantic in both conflicts. I live in Scotland and worked as an apprentice on a few Royal Navy ships construction in John Browns shipyard. As an apprentice I used to carve ships name badges and we used to look at the old wooden Patterns of many famous ships kept in stores at the time. Even then they still had stuff from HMS Hood and that was in 1969/1973. The later ships I worked on were HMS Intrepid, HMS Hampshire, HMS Lynx to name but a few.
cheers peter Kemp</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
hms bergamot peter kemp 12/25/2003 10:37PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.