Warship forum  
A forum for the Allied Warships section. 
Re: HMS Hesperus
Date: September 12, 2014 03:47PM

AS some of you have had your father serve on HMS Hesperus I also had my father serve on her as radio/telegraphist in the 2nd world war most of the life of Hesperus he was on the Atlantic crossing to Russia and Halter/Gibraltar and received a gold medal some years after the war because a dive team found a missing bullion ship bound for Russia so the Russian government awarded I think 1,000 gold medals for naval sailors that served on the Atlantic crossing and a letter of thanks come with it, my brother has this in his safe along with his other medals and I would like to know if there is any one that can help me find out the ship he was on that got torpedoed and sank the he never talked of the war nor the ships he served on ,I have tried to contact the naval records but got no where is there any other way of finding ou . I thank any one who can help . Alan Lydiatt

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
HMS Hesperus Joe Wood 02/02/2006 10:39AM
Re: HMS Hesperus Brian Winder 03/07/2006 02:46AM
Re: HMS Hesperus Bill Hughes 05/08/2008 10:02AM
Re: HMS Hesperus Jim P. 02/15/2011 02:44AM
Re: HMS Hesperus Theo Folkes 11/11/2013 06:12PM
Re: HMS Hesperus Mr Alan Leslie Lydiatt 09/12/2014 03:47PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.