Warship forum  
A forum for the Allied Warships section. 
Re: How many HMS Goulds?
Posted by: kenneth hart ()
Date: March 25, 2014 03:26PM

I was a RN SBA PMX/751/923 and stationed in HMS Gould in 1946 which was a shore base in the jungle about 10 miles from Colombo and it served as a holdings site for RN personnel awaiting transfer to other RN sites or home to UK according to ones demob code.The entertainment officer in Gould was Lt. Peter Lupino who during my stay in Gould produced a play of "Night Must Fall" using RN personnel. The station had an excellent theater which had full size projection facilities and all the latest titles from America were screened nightly. Since I played clarinet I was able to join a 5 piece band organised by seaman Scott under the direction of Lt Lupino and resulted in being excused all other duties except the band and cinema projection duties which I was able to acquire. I was posted to Gould from a short period in Sydney Australia based in Warwick Farm,and Herne Bay, having arrived on HMS Victorious in early 1946. After Gould I was stationed in HMs Monara Colombo, HMS Sultan Singapore, MMS Glory, Sultan Singapore again. then back to UK on "Queen Of Bermuda"

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
How many HMS Goulds? HaynesWagner 09/21/2006 10:29AM
Re: How many HMS Goulds? David H 09/21/2006 12:56PM
Re: How many HMS Goulds? kenneth hart 03/25/2014 03:26PM
Re: How many HMS Goulds? ken hart 03/27/2014 09:29AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.