Warship forum  
A forum for the Allied Warships section. 
Seeking veterans of Operation Deadlight for BBC programme
Posted by: Rob Hoole ()
Date: March 06, 2009 10:10AM

This appeal has just been published on the UK's Navy News website [www.navynews.co.uk]:

"From Gemma Metcalfe-Beckers, Leeds

I AM currently researching a film for The One Show, BBC 1 at 7pm for the series that will recall Operation Deadlight. This was the rounding-up and scuttling of over 120 U-boats off the north coast of Ireland. These submarines are still lying at the bottom of the ocean, some remarkably intact.

Our programme will look at the history of Hitler's Wolf Pack, the events leading up to Operation Deadlight as well as showing stunning and eerie footage of the final resting place of what Churchill feared the most. However we want our programme to feature more than just the facts, we ideally want to speak with a veteran who took part in the operation and can give us a personal account of what it meant to him as he used these feared machines as target practice, which must have been cathartic for most of the men involved.

I would be delighted to hear from anyone who can help. Please ring me on 01132 034075 or (mobile) 07590 474054 or email at 'gemma@reallife.co.uk'.

Many thanks."

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Seeking veterans of Operation Deadlight for BBC programme Rob Hoole 03/06/2009 10:10AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.