WWI forum  
World War One discussions. 
Re: Ships identification
Posted by: Guido Sambucetti ()
Date: February 23, 2003 04:32PM

<HTML>Hi guys,

Sorry about the delay to answer, but pregnant wives tend to be a little demanding.
Thanks to all for your quick answers. I have posted several messages before on the U boote forum before but you never cease to surprise me with your knowledge!

I concurr with the BBs being Norwegian. I found a couple of pictures of TORDENSKJOLD and I think there´s no doubt about the identification.

I sent an e-mail to the owner of the photos, also detailing the help I got from you. BTW, his hobby is to collect original photos of WWI and II, and he has a site at www. photosammler.de. I recommend it if you are looking for interesting shots.

Michael: I assume you got the pictures too, if not so, say the word and I´ll send them to you.

Peter: I had looked at the profiles of German ships of WWI and found the Nassau class the only one that could be mistaken for a single-stacker, but that´s the end of the similarity. I was already suspecting they were not German, but I needed to be sure. Do you have a pic of the TBs you mention that you can send me?

Brian: You are also pretty sure about your identification of the TBs being Schichau types. Can you send me a pic of them? And don´t worry too much, the photos were not that sharp, either!

Best wishes,

GUIDO.</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Ships identification Guido Sambucetti 02/21/2003 07:29PM
Re: Ships identification Brian 02/21/2003 10:52PM
Re: Ships identification Peter Lindberg 02/21/2003 11:54PM
Re: Ships identification Michael Lowrey 02/22/2003 01:28AM
Re: Ships identification Brian 02/22/2003 05:09AM
Re: Ships identification Michael Lowrey 02/22/2003 12:15PM
Re: Ships identification Peter Lindberg 02/22/2003 09:57AM
Re: Ships identification Peter Lindberg 02/22/2003 04:22PM
Re: Ships identification Brian 02/22/2003 07:18PM
Re: Ships identification Guido Sambucetti 02/23/2003 04:32PM
Re: Ships identification Michael Lowrey 02/24/2003 03:03AM
Re: TB photos Brian 02/26/2003 12:14AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.