WWI forum  
World War One discussions. 
Re: UB-123
Posted by: philip ()
Date: April 29, 2004 05:15AM

Mike,

Thanks for posting the article on UB-123's sinking of the Leinster on the site. The sinking of the R.M.S. Leinster resulted in the greatest ever loss of life in the Irish Sea. (Note: Some authors mistakenly say that the Lusitania was sunk in the Irish Sea. It was sunk in the Atlantic, south of Ireland. The Irish Sea is the sea between Ireland and Britain.) The sinking of the Leinster resulted in the greatest ever loss of life on an Irish owned ship. I have written a book on the sinking. (Still seeking a publisher!!) My book acknowledges the help I was given by this excellent site.

I would be deeply grateful if you would be kind enough to email a copy of the article to me, as printing it off from the site means that the right hand side of the article is missing. I would also be grateful if you could give me an address (preferably email) at which I could contact the magazine in which the article appeared.

Kind regards,
Philip

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
UB-123 Mike Y. 02/24/2004 03:36PM
Re: UB-123 Jim Pettit 02/24/2004 08:31PM
Re: UB-123 philip 04/29/2004 05:15AM
Re: UB-123 Jochen Romstedt 02/15/2017 06:15PM

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.