WWI forum  
World War One discussions. 
Re: Training for naval officer cadets pre-WWI
Posted by: chrisheal ()
Date: March 01, 2017 06:41PM

Thank you again, Michael. I've pulled off the '07 Rangliste and added the names from the cadet list on pp. 151-5 to my '07 spreadsheet; 196 names against a target of 200. Some interesting statistics coming off already. I can now get a helper to add more detail from the '07 anniversary booklet.

All but three of the u-boat commanders on uboat.net match up with the names - Eberhard von Prittwitz und Gaffron (presume connected to General P und G, a 'fat, arrogant incompetent' defending East Prussia in 1914 [Asprey]), Hans Valentiner and Karl Vesper. I note there is a Fall supplement to the Rangliste where they may be hiding. Do you know where I can access this?

Also, I've learned enough from this work on '07 to know that it would be useful for me to tackle '05, which is not on the site, but for which you have a pdf. Any chance?

One last request, if I may, on the file that you sent there is one column that I don't understand, it has no heading and contains only a space, a '†' or a '22'?

A book, 'Canaris', Michael Mueller, translation, arrived today. Canaris was '05. Excellent read and it has some very interesting and useful material on training in the first chapter.

Best wishes
Chris

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Training for naval officer cadets pre-WWI chrisheal 02/27/2017 02:52PM
Re: Training for naval officer cadets pre-WWI Michael Lowrey 02/27/2017 03:43PM
Re: Training for naval officer cadets pre-WWI chrisheal 02/28/2017 01:28PM
Re: Training for naval officer cadets pre-WWI Michael Lowrey 02/28/2017 02:41PM
Re: Training for naval officer cadets pre-WWI chrisheal 03/01/2017 06:41PM
Re: Training for naval officer cadets pre-WWI Michael Lowrey 03/02/2017 12:07AM
Re: Training for naval officer cadets pre-WWI chrisheal 03/02/2017 09:44AM
Re: Training for naval officer cadets pre-WWI chrisheal 03/19/2017 02:13PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.