General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
HMCS Magog
Posted by: Sweets ()
Date: April 22, 2012 08:14PM

In my recolection after we were torpedoed the HMCS Shawinigan came along side to assist us we then floated our grassline a sea going tug took us in tow and towed us to quebec, we had a funeral ceremony and the crew marched behind an old fashioned hurss we were all given survivors leave and went home, Had to report back to join the HMCS waskesui in new glasgow NS on Dec 24th dasy before Xmas we were all @#$%& off and wired ottawa for a three day extention of leave, received answer Waskessui ready to sail extention denide, when we got to the ship they would not let us aboard the workers were still refitting the the bloody ship, we walked the streets of New glaskow and we were invited by a sweet old lady to stay at her place for christmas Three of us Bob Bundy Mcdonald and myself jim Stanley, Bob and I slept in one bed and Mcdonald in another room was viseted by a large persian cat that @#$%& all over him, he came into our room covered in cat @#$%& half crying -- he says the old lady will blame me for @#$%& the bed we had a good laugh, he was home sick had to leave his future bride Bob and I didn't give a @#$%& we were game for anything -- Navel headquarters in ottawa was run by a bunch of dryland sailors IMO they didn't know there ass from a hole in the ground. for the record JDS. AB sub marine detector asdic operator on Magog and Waskesui.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
HMCS Magog Sweets 04/22/2012 08:14PM
Re: HMCS Magog Sweets 04/29/2012 10:48AM
Re: HMCS Magog Sweets 04/29/2012 11:46AM
Re: HMCS Magog paul hock 03/06/2013 03:00AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.