General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
HMS Pandroa possible crew member ?
Posted by: Martin Saul ()
Date: October 10, 2020 10:42AM

HI I'm researching a Leslie Alexandra Yeo born 1913 in Essex on behalf of his 82 year old son, he has been lead to believe his Dad served on the HMS Pandora and after receiving medical treatment in South Africa he failed to return to the boat, which then set sail without him, then a few weeks later the HMS Pandora was destroyed in Malta his Dad is said to have stayed in South Africa for the rest of his life.
I have found his service record ax17063 I'm struggling to read all of the writing and to fully understand all of the abbreviations, (if your able to help with this please send an email address and I will send you a copy of his record) from what I can make out he looks to have done 42 days training at the end of 1933 and seems to have left, I cant read as to why, not sure if he could have gone back into the navy at a later date with a volunteer reserve force or similar, but form looking on this site I cant even see that the Pandora even went to South Africa at any point, would be great to hear from anyone with help or advice thanks Martin

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
HMS Pandroa possible crew member ? Martin Saul 10/10/2020 10:42AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.