General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
RE: Anyone seen the U995 in Laboe?
Posted by: C.E. ()
Date: January 04, 2001 10:49PM

<HTML>Hallo Peter: I visited U 995 in Laboe in September. It will cost you about 4 Dm to get in the U-Boot. When I was ther they didnt have anything at the U-Boat for sale but there are a few giftshops near the beach that did sell a few U-boot items, like postcards, plates and cups and I think posters.

Within very easy walking distance, and across the strasse, there is a very nice hotel, I think its called Hotel Seertassen or something like that. It is a very large and nice hotel, and it over looke the beach and you can see the U 995. The price for my friend and I was about 60 DM for one night, thats about $30 US Dollars.

The U 995, isnt but a light walk from the German Naval Memorial, which costs about 2-3 DM to get in. Go to the tower building, and you will see flags and signs etc, and you can climbv the stairs or take the elevator to the top two floors, and you can see all of Laboe, and many things around Laboe from there. When you leave the tower area, you still have the building to see that is across the compound area from the tower.

In there, you will see many model ships, plus there are many tourist trap items for sale. You can get books, plates, posters, etc there. I think they did have a few U-Boot models for sale.

After you see those places, you can go to Moltenort and visit the U-Boot memorial. It is located along the shoreline, and is an easy walk to get there. This is almost directly across the water from A German Naval base, and you will probably see 3-4 Nave ships coming and going. If you go to the U-Boot memorial, you will see some wreaths and ribbons, commerating those who died. A recent ceremony was held there by the U 181 vets, for Josef Dick, who passed away on December 3rd. If there is something there liks a wreath or ribbon, could you take a photo of it for me, I would like to have one. I will gladly pay you for all the expenses.

For better information on Laboe, go to: www.laboe.de you will find out all you want to know on that site. Also, you can access a map, and hotel lists there also.

Hope this helps you.

Do not forget the sunsets in Laboe, they were great.
</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Anyone seen the U995 in Laboe? Peter Henrichsen 01/04/2001 08:54PM
RE: Anyone seen the U995 in Laboe? C.E. 01/04/2001 10:49PM
RE: Anyone seen the U995 in Laboe? Capt. George W. Duffy 01/05/2001 01:16AM
RE: Anyone seen the U995 in Laboe? Lawrence 01/05/2001 03:04AM
RE: Anyone seen the U995 in Laboe? Markus Last 01/05/2001 07:54AM
U-boat Bunker \&quot;Kilian\&quot; Craig McLean 01/06/2001 02:55PM
RE: Anyone seen the U995 group trip Pat 01/05/2001 11:51AM
RE: Anyone seen the U995 in Laboe? George Walker 01/05/2001 12:04PM
RE: Anyone seen the U995 in Laboe? Craig McLean 01/06/2001 02:13PM
RE: Anyone seen the U995 in Laboe? Stewart 01/07/2001 02:38PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.