General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
RE: Doenitz memorabilia
Posted by: Craig McLean ()
Date: January 15, 2001 01:51AM

<HTML>Hi Rainer!

Great attention to detail on your part! But what I meant by a set is that the 2 items are being sold together for $395. Chances are, these two items became available to Leisure Galleries at the same time by one seller who owned them both.

Too bad there isn\'t a date on the Christmas thank you note card, but I would assume it is postwar signed, or it would all be higher in cost, I\'d think.

If anyone decides they\'d like to get these collectables, say hi to John Ihnotic (owner of Leisure Galleries) for me. I\'ve bought several items from John over the years. He deals mostly with aircraft militaria (especially Luftwaffe)....but also has many nice U-boat items. (I bought a VERY nice Doenitz postwar signed photo about a year ago---at much more than these 2 items are going for!)

John is a very respected dealer in militaria and collectables. He\'s met Adolf Galland personally (WWII fighter ace and general---now departed) and his wife. I\'ve seen a photo of John and Galland together. And as a respected and noted dealer world-wide, he was notified to be on the lookout for the dagger, etc., that were stolen from Herr Topp a year or more ago.

I only mention these things to say I personally vouch for Leisure Galleries. Quality items and a fine reputation!

Regards,
Craig

PS. I\'d recommend everyone just look thru his items for sale. Even if you don\'t plan to buy anything, it is like going thru a military museum. Fascinating stuff!!

</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Doenitz memorabilia Craig McLean 01/13/2001 08:47PM
RE: Doenitz memorabilia Antonio Veiga 01/13/2001 11:02PM
RE: Doenitz memorabilia Craig McLean 01/14/2001 11:14PM
RE: Doenitz memorabilia Rainer Bruns 01/15/2001 01:19AM
RE: Doenitz memorabilia Craig McLean 01/15/2001 01:51AM
RE: Doenitz memorabilia-Where.? Joe Brennan 01/14/2001 02:30AM
RE: Doenitz memorabilia-Where.? AZ 01/15/2001 07:11AM
RE: So, whats the worth of ... MPC 01/15/2001 08:48PM
RE: autographs and $$$ Craig McLean 01/16/2001 07:19PM
RE: also check this list Craig McLean 01/16/2001 07:34PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.