General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
RE: meeting in Sydney ?
Posted by: Fin Bonset ()
Date: January 18, 2001 12:32PM

<HTML>Hi Craig and Joe!

Craig, what an excellent idea. It was indeed a pleasure talking to you last night. It\'s good to actually talk about the interest in u-boats with someone who is equally as interested and has so many great stories to tell!

Joe, down-under would be an amazing trip, but I think money-wise that may be a problem. I do plan to go back to Australia sometime as a part of my heart was left there :-)

But yes, a meeting is a superb idea. Maybe in Chicago at U-505? Maybe in Connecticut at the sub museum in Groton? Heck, maybe even in Germany. Let me know what you guys think. Joe, I know you\'re down under but if you ever make a trip to the U.S., take it this year :-)

The picture idea also interests me and I second that, Joe. I wonder what others think about that.

Anyway, I would definitely be interested in such a meeting. Since many of us are in different countries, maybe we can all meet in the middle somewhere?

Well, great suggestions you guys. Will look forward to other suggestions from others in this forum.

Best wishes as always!

Fin

P.S. Craig, thanks for the info regarding the FFTU donation information, I\'ll be sending out mine shortly. I will also get you that info on the Dutch subs sinking German subs.

</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
meeting Craig McLean 01/18/2001 05:03AM
RE: meeting in Sydney ? Joe Brennan 01/18/2001 07:27AM
RE: meeting in Sydney ? Fin Bonset 01/18/2001 12:32PM
RE: meeting MPC 01/18/2001 03:05PM
RE: meeting Craig McLean 01/18/2001 09:18PM
RE: meeting/ 2 years plan Joe Brennan 01/19/2001 04:29AM
RE: meeting/ 2 years plan George Roumbos 01/19/2001 12:39PM
RE: meeting Mike_Z 01/18/2001 10:25PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.