General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
RE: `Rheumatism` ?
Posted by: Frank ()
Date: January 21, 2001 10:22PM

<HTML>Hi again, Joe -

PS. Have just been looking again with care at the photos. There is one of two seamen standing in an inflatable, lifting, or so I had thought, something heavy between them, with a number of crewmen looking down on them from the deck. Looking again at it, I think that one of the seamen is actually lifting *the other*, either by his elbows, or by a sort of dark-coloured belt round his waist (which I don`t think I`m imagining !) The only reason for this can only be that the `other` is having difficulty in standing on his own in the boat and manoevring himself into the right position; in fact he doesn`t seem to be using his arms at all. (In the next picture he is joined by Mützelburg`s First Officer, who took over after M`s sad death only days later, and who must in the picture be returning to his own boat after a visit to U-564.)

In which case the other chap with the head-injuries must indeed be someone entirely different.

Best wishes

Frank</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
`Rheumatism` ? Frank 01/21/2001 11:10AM
RE: `Rheumatism` ? joe brandt 01/21/2001 01:28PM
RE: `Rheumatism` ? Frank 01/21/2001 09:26PM
RE: `Rheumatism` ? Frank 01/21/2001 10:22PM
RE: `Rheumatism` ? Frank 01/21/2001 10:27PM
RE: `Rheumatism` ? Kari 01/23/2001 03:59PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.