General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
U-boats in the bay of Mochima, venezuela
Posted by: nihle ()
Date: November 01, 2009 09:44AM

I am searching information about a missing U-boats in the bay of Mochima, Venezuela (coordinates 10.21N – 64.21W)
11 years ago I lived in Venezuela, and there I heard a story about jack Cousteau in the seventies visited the Mochima bay in the eastern Venezuela.
There he located a German WW2 submarine. jack Cousteau found the submarine with the help of local a Venezuelan diver.

This summer I was back in Venezuela and visited Mochima. There I looked up the local diver who found the submarine, and asked him about the story.
He told me that the story I heard 11 years before is true, and jack Cousteau found the submarine wreck with the help of technical equipment he had on board his ship.

Furthered more he told me that in the end of the war there was a naval battle with two small German submarines and a British warship, in the Caribbean sea in front of the entrance to the bay of Mochima.
At least one of the submarines sailed into the bay, and all the men escaped and deserted.
Some of the crew members went back to Germany after the war, but others stayed in Venezuela and, he told me that some of them are still living in the area.

I am thinking about making a television documentary about the story, but I need to know more about the whole story before I can start up the project.

Can you help me with any information about the story?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
U-boats in the bay of Mochima, venezuela nihle 11/01/2009 09:44AM
Re: U-boats in the bay of Mochima, venezuela luismedina 10/31/2011 03:51AM
Re: U-boats in the bay of Mochima, venezuela LUIS LONGART 08/03/2012 10:37PM
Re: U-boats in the bay of Mochima, venezuela R Banfield 08/15/2012 06:03AM
Re: U-boats in the bay of Mochima, venezuela Jay Mendoza 12/30/2022 03:41AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.