General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
RE: Glory?
Posted by: MPC ()
Date: November 22, 2000 08:40PM

<HTML>You rattled Your cage and trod on a few toes also. As to proving your point I dont think that you did. (I wont mention the Icelandic cod wars here)
One thing I must mention is that the British (capital \"B\" & one \"t\") did not have
U-boats in the Royal Navy. Only the ex-U 570 which sailed under the White Ensign as HMS Graph. The Royal Navy, along with most of the other navies of the world that had underwater vessels, went to sea in submarines.

Yes the Captain of any vessel is the leader of that ship and responsible for his actions and those of his men but he is also answerable to higher authority.

Forget \"per capita\" the best of ANY military site on the web is uboat.net. and all Icelanders should be proud of what a fellow countryman has done for this particular subject.

Regards
MPC</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Glory? Georg Georgsson 11/22/2000 08:15PM
RE: Glory? MPC 11/22/2000 08:40PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.