General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Re: Operation Road's End (The Japanese Deadlight)
Posted by: Derek Waller ()
Date: December 08, 2010 10:07AM

Dear Ken,

Very many thanks for your message and the information.

Yes, I will certainly try the Navy Museum, and am also inclined to try the address "archives@navy.mil" which I have found on the OPNAVINST 5750.12J page.

I am based in the UK so, as you suggest, will have to rely on e-mail contacts - which I hope work better than those to NARA!!

Indeed, re NARA, I very luckily have a friend in the Pentagon who does some research for me - but it's a time-consuming pain. For instance, to find some details that I needed about the Tripartite Naval Commission he had to wend his way through "4 linear feet" of papers - and that was when we had a clue about where to look in the first place.

I'll let you know how I get on with the Navy direct.

Yours aye (and thanks again)

Derek

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Operation Road's End (The Japanese Deadlight) Derek Waller 11/24/2010 05:32PM
Re: Operation Road's End (The Japanese Deadlight) Simon Gunson 12/02/2010 03:00AM
Re: Operation Road's End (The Japanese Deadlight) Derek Waller 12/02/2010 11:21AM
Re: Operation Road's End (The Japanese Deadlight) Manfred 12/07/2010 04:43AM
Re: Operation Road's End (The Japanese Deadlight) Derek Waller 12/07/2010 10:21AM
Re: Operation Road's End (The Japanese Deadlight) vito 12/08/2010 08:43AM
Re: Operation Road's End (The Japanese Deadlight) Derek Waller 12/08/2010 10:07AM
Re: Operation Road's End (The Japanese Deadlight) Kenneth Manske 11/15/2022 10:58PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.