General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Tour date updates
Posted by: chris lee ()
Date: July 20, 2001 02:00AM

<HTML>I have contacted Birkenhead and booked a tour for the full trip including the \"codwars\"frigate..! The tour will be in the afternoon around 1.00pm.(13.00) I have provisionally booked for ten people(which is as many as can be guided around at any one time.) price is 12 pounds sterling. payable on the day.There is a small cafeteria on board the frigate, so we could have lunch there?After the tour we could make way to a local pub and down a few.
It would help if any interested parties could contact me either direct or through these good offices, so that I can confirm with the management. Incidently the manager at Warships is very interested to talk to us regarding the proposed developments and the presevation of the ships.He seems concerned that we may be mislead as to the actual situation and is anxious to set the record straight. I must say he sounds a very reasonable sort of a fellow.

Perhaps we could with Gummies permission, present the museum with some sort of plaque or whatever to celebrate(if thats the word) our visit? Perhaps also someone would write down a short but accurate history of the boat, so that we could present that to them as well?Im sure they would appreciate it.Any takers?
There will also be prizes for things such as \"furthest travelled\"Which I fully intend to win. Any other ideas? how about a fire extiguiser for John Griffiths for all the flamers he attracts..!</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Tour date updates chris lee 07/20/2001 02:00AM
RE: Tour date updates Ted Agar 07/20/2001 03:46PM
RE: Tour date updates - aye John Griffiths 07/21/2001 04:15PM
RE: Tour date updates - aye Joe Brennan 07/22/2001 08:21AM
RE: Others coming...... MPC 07/21/2001 04:41PM
RE: More info.. MPC 07/22/2001 07:13AM
RE: and more info.. MPC 07/22/2001 08:18AM
RE: and even more info! John Griffiths 07/22/2001 11:50AM
RE: and even more info! Chris Lee 07/25/2001 03:45AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.