General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Re: Can name be read on picture of rammed Japanese trawler?
Posted by: Don Prince ()
Date: February 17, 2014 04:06AM

I wouldn't use a sub to ram a canoe, let alone a trawler... There is just too much that can go wrong with such a tactic. What if the trawler blew up and took out the entire bow section of the sub, or even possibly sank the sub? The captain had better hope she sinks, because he would face hell when he got back to home port for being an idiot!

I believe Ken is correct; the sub bow looks really high as compared to the trawler's waterline. In addition, the smoke from the trawled doesn't extend over the bow of the sub. My $0.02 worth...

Regards,
Don_

"A man's got to know his limitations..."
Harry Callahan, SFPD

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Can name be read on picture of rammed Japanese trawler? TF 02/16/2014 01:59PM
Re: Can name be read on picture of rammed Japanese trawler? jcrt 02/16/2014 02:18PM
Re: Can name be read on picture of rammed Japanese trawler? Ken Dunn 02/16/2014 03:10PM
Re: Can name be read on picture of rammed Japanese trawler? TF 02/16/2014 08:50PM
Re: Can name be read on picture of rammed Japanese trawler? Don Prince 02/17/2014 04:06AM
Re: Can name be read on picture of rammed Japanese trawler? TF 02/19/2014 10:13PM
Re: Can name be read on picture of rammed Japanese trawler? Rainer 02/19/2014 10:28PM
Re: Can name be read on picture of rammed Japanese trawler? TF 02/19/2014 10:49PM

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.