General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Help determining rank abbrev. on Moltenort Memorial UB75
Posted by: Cherelle ()
Date: February 17, 2018 10:51PM

I believe I have found my grandfather's missing brother's war grave... I would like help in confirming some details based on the memorial photo. Perhaps someone has some extra light to shed on this.

Arthur Keller - I do not have a birth date, his brother however was born in 1886, CHEMNITZ, Germany.

I have a picture dated 1916 that shows him serving on the S.M.S. Posen, I believe the badge shows his specialty as Funk (Radioman)below that badge is a single chevron. He is wearing an Iron Cross. Perhaps from the battle of Jutland?

My grandfather said he went missing on a u-boat in WW1, and believed him to be on the bottom of the ocean as he would never have deserted his post.

I recently found Arthur Keller listed on the Moltenort Memorial, as going down on U Boat 75, Dec 10, 1917.

I can't make out the rank abbreviations listed before his name on the memorial, seems to say "F.T.MT." ... can anyone help? [www.findagrave.com]

He is on the bottom row, second to last name.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Help determining rank abbrev. on Moltenort Memorial UB75 Cherelle 02/17/2018 10:51PM
Re: Help determining rank abbrev. on Moltenort Memorial UB75 t-geronimo 02/18/2018 10:10AM
Re: Help determining rank abbrev. on Moltenort Memorial UB75 Cherelle 02/19/2018 12:59AM
Re: Help determining rank abbrev. on Moltenort Memorial UB75 t-geronimo 02/19/2018 11:44PM

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.