General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
ship Lorraine/British Courage
Posted by: sharyn ()
Date: November 08, 2018 08:10AM

Hi, wondering if anyone can tell me the connection between the Lorraine and British Courage? Trying to find information about Robert James Lethbridge who I found Arriving in New York on 8 Apr 1943 aboard the Lorraine, but when I tried to find more info it came up as British Courage. It appears British Courage was sunk in Jan 1943 so trying to find if Robert James Lethbridge was on the British Courage and was a survivor and got to New York on the Lorraine or was he crew on the Lorraine and picked up the few remaining survivors?
Trying to find any information on Robert James Lethbridge my biological father who may also have been using the name Matthew Jean Bourrett. Finding bits about Matthew on the Rio Novo, but he did have shrapnel in his back and told my mother that he was torpedoed many times. Unsure of that comment, but she said she did pick shrapnel out of his back with tweezers.
Anyone got any ideas of how I find more information?
Regards Sharyn

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
ship Lorraine/British Courage sharyn 11/08/2018 08:10AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.