General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Resources
Posted by: dirigoboy ()
Date: January 12, 2020 09:59PM

I was a member here some time ago and have not been back in what seems like forever. I stopped back in one day during the Christmas holidays to see what may have been added to the website. Particularly, my interest surrounds the S.S. William P. Frye, a Liberty ship that carried my grandfather, 2nd Ass't Engineer John Poore who lost his life along with 56 others in the North Atlantic in March '43, sunk by Uboat 610.
I was totally shocked to see a photo of my grandfather staring back at me. Probably the best photograph of him I've ever seen. I've been looking for information of him for forever. I've certainly had nothing but very poor, grainy photographs of him from the past, but here he was as a bit younger man. It not only carried his photograph, but also his birth date, as well as information regarding who his parents were. I was totally caught off guard, and I sat there looking at this photograph for some time.
So.....my question is this. Does anyone know who posted the information, and where they were able to obtain it along with his photograph?
Thank you

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Resources dirigoboy 01/12/2020 09:59PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.