General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Build your own u-boat
Posted by: Werwolf ()
Date: May 09, 2023 04:25AM

So I did some research. Thinking it would be very COOL if I was a billionaire I would commission to build my own U-boat. Since there's only two in the world that are fully intact but non-operational it's probably the only way you could ever get one. Apparently the VIIC in 1943 cost 2.3 million US DOLLARS,,, in today's money that would be $34 million. Not impossible at all really? The issue would be finding and training sailors to actually operate one. Any qualified people are long since deceased or so old now they would not be able to provide much help so it would have to all be done from scratch using known current techniques and whatever could be gleaned from old German archives, Sure would be neat to have your own U-boat to go cruising the world's oceans... eat that Jeff Bezos LOL!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Build your own u-boat Werwolf 05/09/2023 04:25AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.