Movies and Films  
This is the forum for Movie and Film discussions. Again, our topic is naval warfare in WWII for the most part. 
U-110 captured artifacts remain where?
Posted by: Wiljan Bakers ()
Date: December 17, 2004 12:56PM

Dear all,

I just recieved the book "Enigma U-Boats, breaking the code" written by Jak Mallmann Showell.(Wich is an excellent book in my humble opinion) On page 11 is stated that U-110 was captured and was afloat long enough to salvage virtually everything wich could be removed from the interior, including the illusive Enigma machine.
In my opinion this salvage operation must have produced "tons" of material wich was brought ashore and must have been examined, but where? Is this stuff still excisting? Has it been up for display after the War? Is it still out there in some dark cellar or was it destoyed? Are there any reports of the examination?.
I remember some time ago I had a mail-conversation with one of the esteemed members of this forum who was on to this captured material(I lost his E-mail adress and the messages send) I would like to know if there is any information about the whereabouts of this treasure.

Kind regards
Wiljan Bakers

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
U-110 captured artifacts remain where? Wiljan Bakers 12/17/2004 12:56PM
Re: U-110 captured artifacts remain where? Paul Mengelberg 01/29/2005 02:55AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.