Movies and Films  
This is the forum for Movie and Film discussions. Again, our topic is naval warfare in WWII for the most part. 
Super Bargain on "Original" Das Boot
Posted by: AZROG ()
Date: July 13, 2005 01:32AM

This past Sunday's "Arizona Republic" newspaper ran a full-color advertising page for Circuit City (a large US retail electronics and DVD store chain). Among many other items the ad carried a number of DVDs for the special price each of $9.95USD. I was certainly surprised to see the picture of the DAS Boot "Original" (long version) cover in the ad.

When I went to my local store in Glendale, Arizona, I found the only copy of the DVD, but the salesperson kept insisting that they intended only to sell the "Director's Cut" verson (which I already owned) at this price. Acatually, that price would not have been too bad for the "Director's Cut."

Luckily I had brought the ad with me and pointed out that the picture in the ad matched the cover and title of the "long verson" DVD. After several "subtle" hints of "false advertising" and reference to the Arizona State Attorney General's retail fraud investigations office, the store manager (summoned by the salesperson) said, "Oh, well...," and sold me the DVD for $9.95.

Sharp eyes and persistence do pay off. I hope there were others from this forum who were able to take advantage of this opportunity.

"Should we prosper it shall be as is our custom...by Miracle!"--Anon. advisor to Elizabeth I.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Super Bargain on "Original" Das Boot AZROG 07/13/2005 01:32AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.