Movies and Films  
This is the forum for Movie and Film discussions. Again, our topic is naval warfare in WWII for the most part. 
Archived film taken on U-boats in WW2
Posted by: buzzz ()
Date: June 27, 2015 09:10PM

Hello,

I am looking for archived film taken from u-boats in 1943. I've tried the German archives [www.bundesarchiv.de] but found nothing related to the u-boat I am interested in (U-177).

The reason I am interested is because my father was on the Canadian merchant ship Jasper Park which was sunk on 6 July 1943 in the Indian Ocean by U-177. [uboat.net]

According to a description of the sinking in the book "A Great Fleet of Ships" by S.C. Heal, there was some film of the survivors in lifeboats taken from the conning tower of the u-boat. I would be very interested in seeing this film of my father and other survivors in a lifeboat. He was 20 years old when torpedoed in 1943.

I found this newsreel about U-177 in the Indian Ocean in 1943 on Youtube:
[www.youtube.com]
I wonder where the person who posted the film on Youtube found it? I have tried contacting him through Youtube, but have received no response.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.
Malcolm,
Vancouver, Canada

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Archived film taken on U-boats in WW2 buzzz 06/27/2015 09:10PM
Re: Archived film taken on U-boats in WW2 t-geronimo 07/12/2015 08:47PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.