Movies and Films  
This is the forum for Movie and Film discussions. Again, our topic is naval warfare in WWII for the most part. 
RE: Personal hygiene aboard ship...
Posted by: Werner Frank ()
Date: March 25, 2001 04:03AM

<HTML>It must have been something you get used to - the dampened coziness, garlic flavored halitosis, sixty million drops of sweat, etc. Also experienced on dry land immediately after the war in many places in Europe. In 1959, I was dancing with a young lady in a night club in Wiesbaden and even though I was dressed in German clothes and spoke German she said I was an American. I asked how did she know; language errors, manners? Nein, you smell like an American - Soapy (Du riechst wie Seiffe)! Needless to say, I later noticed her \"ripeness\". It was Wednesday and bath night was Saturday. My own relatives - same way; their bathtubs were the kind you see in Old West cowboy films and hot water was prepared on the stove. I was the guest, so I went first. Today, most of the worlds people smell soapy - thanks to Madison Avenue and its worldwide counterparts - all admen. Back to the subs - can you imagine discharging soapy bath water (salty or not) for 50-60 men each day, week or ? The bubble trail would have been great for the ASW people. Besides, maybe that many \"soapies\" on board would not be so good either - perhap soap lung disease similar to miner\'s black lung disease. °~( |8<D }</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Personal hygiene aboard ship... Les Hubert 03/08/2001 06:27PM
RE: Personal hygiene aboard ship... George Roumbos 03/10/2001 12:36AM
RE: Personal hygiene aboard ship... Saskia 04/13/2001 09:33PM
RE: Personal hygiene aboard ship... Antonio Veiga 03/11/2001 11:06PM
RE: Personal hygiene aboard ship... Werner Frank 03/25/2001 04:03AM
RE: Personal hygiene aboard ship... ditto ditto 03/25/2001 04:07AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.