Movies and Films  
This is the forum for Movie and Film discussions. Again, our topic is naval warfare in WWII for the most part. 
Re: Band of Brothers
Posted by: erich berger ()
Date: October 16, 2001 12:58AM

<HTML>The earlier episodes had more vivid battle scenes...terrific sound editing throughout. Sometimes I wonder why the germans, who had, admittedly some of the best-trained infantry in defense in the world, gave up their positions so easily in Spielberg's movies. Running directly into fire, exposing themselves to fire, misplaced machine guns, etc. Guess thats what happens when you aren't writing the script.

Disapointed in the CROSSROADS episode, and also last Sunday's...bit soap-opera-ish. A little short on action and long on sufferring.

One absolutely great detail, though...authentic Tiger I's, Mark IV's, Flakpanzers, etc. as well as authentic equipment on the US side as well. Even went to the trouble to buy wool uniforms from the french and re-do the insiginia, as the French copied US WW2 uniforms into the 1950's.

Check out www.hbo.com/band.</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Band of Brothers I Stapley 10/09/2001 10:36AM
Re: Band of Brothers Woody 10/09/2001 11:27PM
Re: Band of Brothers Kris 10/11/2001 11:12AM
Re: Band of Brothers Kris 10/11/2001 11:12AM
Re: Band of Brothers erich berger 10/16/2001 12:58AM
Re: Same propaganda as before... I Stapley 10/24/2001 02:30PM
In the final analysis (and I know i am going to ta Kris 10/29/2001 12:53PM
Re: In the final analysis (and I know i am going t Ron 11/17/2001 02:49PM
Re: In the final analysis (and I know i am going t Steve Roberts 12/21/2001 12:04PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.