Movies and Films  
This is the forum for Movie and Film discussions. Again, our topic is naval warfare in WWII for the most part. 
Re: officers pee targets
Posted by: cate ()
Date: July 29, 2003 04:32PM

<HTML>hi Bill

in the bunker at the end it's Schwalle (Oliver Stritzel) holding the Bosun (Uwe Ochsenknecht), who does look to have a pretty bad gut wound. He then hands him to the IWO who holds him while Schwalle goes off to find medical assistance just before the major explosion. The chief is sitting off to the side, in a state of shock like the cook and others.

Pilgrim (Jan Fedder) is similarly cradling his friend the thrashing around Frenssen (Ralf Richter), who i think is supposed to have an eye injury (it's hard to tell) as well as maybe body wounds. Ealier they were both trying to carry the bosun.

Ario (Claude Oliver Rudolph) skids and drops the wounded Hinrich and neither of them is seen again, so we don't know if they make it or not, though i have a nasty feeling that just as Werner exits the bunker after the explosion he passes what may be their bodies - he does a quick double take at something behind him through the smoke and dust which is very hard to make out even with the freeze frame.

you have a powerful imagination if you can resurrect Der Alte after those wounds and all that internal bleeding:-) . I assume he was supposed to have been hit by bullets from the planes straffing the quay, though my partner says aircraft bullets would tear damn great chunks out of you, not leave the discreet little holes that the Kaleu seems to be peppered with. He can be a bit wet, but i think if there was the faintest hope or signs of life Werner would be trying to do something constructive, not withdrawing into himself rocking.

The U-96 of course would have been recovered and in the repair pens quicker than you can say "U-boot willkommen Daheim - drei mal Hoch ......"

rgds

cate</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
officers pee targets Terry 07/22/2003 08:01PM
Re: officers pee targets FUBAR 07/23/2003 12:42AM
Re: officers pee targets cate 07/23/2003 04:55AM
Re: officers pee targets Dietzsch 07/28/2003 12:26PM
Re: officers pee targets Meg Rosenfeld 07/28/2003 03:20PM
Re: officers pee targets Volker Erich Kummrow 08/08/2003 10:26AM
Re: officers pee targets Meg Rosenfeld 08/08/2003 01:01PM
Re: officers pee targets cate 07/28/2003 05:33PM
Re: officers pee targets Bill Forsythe 07/29/2003 11:23AM
Re: officers pee targets cate 07/29/2003 04:32PM
Re: officers pee targets Bill Forsythe 07/30/2003 08:03AM
Re: officers pee targets theresap 02/01/2011 12:53AM
Re: officers pee targets Volker Erich Kummrow 08/08/2003 10:24AM
Re: officers pee targets Meg Rosenfeld 08/08/2003 01:02PM
Re: officers pee targets Meg Rosenfeld 08/08/2003 01:18PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.