Movies and Films  
This is the forum for Movie and Film discussions. Again, our topic is naval warfare in WWII for the most part. 
Re: Das Boot, original recorded in english or germ
Posted by: Meg Rosenfeld ()
Date: January 15, 2004 03:53AM

<HTML>Hi--
Das Boot was originally filmed in German, at Bavaria Film Studios, in Munich. I totally agree with you that it's best to hear the actors' actual voices speaking their own language, and then have English subtitles (unless you're thoroughly competent in picking up spoken German, which I for one am not.) The English versions seem to have suffered a sea-change, so to speak, from 1981 to the present, and not into something rich and strange. As Petersen himself put it, there were things you could say in 1981 which you can't say now. My personal take on this is that the language has been "cleaned up" to the point where it's ridiculous--no-one is going to believe that young sailors talk like that!

Regards,
Meg</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Das Boot, original recorded in english or german? Don Johnston 01/14/2004 11:48PM
Re: Das Boot, original recorded in english or germ Meg Rosenfeld 01/15/2004 03:53AM
Re: Das Boot, original recorded in english or germ ROBERT M. 01/15/2004 05:15AM
Re: Das Boot, original recorded in english or germ Meg Rosenfeld 01/15/2004 03:05PM
Re: Das Boot, original recorded in english or germ ROBERT M. 01/16/2004 04:18AM
Re: Das Boot, original recorded in english or germ Ian Stapley 01/20/2004 01:15PM
Re: Das Boot, original recorded in english or germ Meg Rosenfeld 01/20/2004 02:41PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.