Movies and Films  
This is the forum for Movie and Film discussions. Again, our topic is naval warfare in WWII for the most part. 
Re: Cinematic potential (The future Oscar goes to...)
Date: April 30, 2005 01:01PM

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

I watched the movie again last night and can still crack up at the one-liner: “Natürlich ist das ein Weihnachtsbaum oder meinst Du damit würde die Brücke getarnt!” (Of course this is Christmas tree or do you believe it to be a camouflage – device for the conning tower)

Anyway what I was thinking of while watching Der Alte and Co. is to form some type of delegation from the honorable members of this forum, who reside in the USA, to kind of “petition” in person Mr. Petersen in LA or San Francisco to help release those scene of Das Boot which have not been shown as of jet. Like I said before as for a new uboat – movie Petersen had practically filmed it all.

Just for the sake of the argument assuming our uboat – ambassadors, f.e. RB, Ken Dunn, Jerry Mason, Jack Showell and whomever you all would like to add to this team, would represent our “case” to Mr. Petersen by a.o. referring to this wonderful forum and the internationality of its members he might be at least willing to listen and hopefully after being convinced then contact Mr. Eichinger and LGB as additional right – holders of the movie, I gather.

Is this a stupid thought, maybe, but worse a try, maybe.

You all have a nice weekend and I’ll have a cold one now in Heerlen, one of Europe’s most beautiful Perlen, on her Majesty Beatrix in reference to her 25th ascending to the throne.

Sincerely Yours
Volker Erich Kummrow

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Cinematic potential (The future Oscar goes to...) PatW 04/22/2005 07:33PM
Re: Cinematic potential (The future Oscar goes to...) Eric 04/23/2005 01:17AM
Re: Cinematic potential (The future Oscar goes to...) Volker Erich Kummrow 04/23/2005 02:38PM
Re: Cinematic potential (The future Oscar goes to...) PatW 04/23/2005 07:30PM
Re: Cinematic potential (The future Oscar goes to...) Dirk 04/25/2005 05:32AM
Re: Cinematic potential (The future Oscar goes to...) Hubertus 04/25/2005 11:04AM
Re: Cinematic potential (The future Oscar goes to...) Pat W 04/26/2005 08:06PM
Re: Cinematic potential (The future Oscar goes to...) Volker Erich Kummrow 04/30/2005 01:01PM
Re: Cinematic potential (The future Oscar goes to...) Meg Rosenfeld 05/02/2005 03:22AM
Re: Cinematic potential (The future Oscar goes to...) Volker Erich Kummrow 05/02/2005 02:04PM
Re: Cinematic potential (The future Oscar goes to...) Meg Rosenfeld 05/02/2005 03:05PM
Re: Cinematic potential (The future Oscar goes to...) Wiljan Bakers 05/02/2005 12:30PM
Re: Cinematic potential (The future Oscar goes to...) Volker Erich Kummrow 05/02/2005 01:29PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.