Movies and Films  
This is the forum for Movie and Film discussions. Again, our topic is naval warfare in WWII for the most part. 
Charley And His Orchestra
Posted by: Barry Scully ()
Date: January 18, 2006 10:49PM

Good evening everyone,

Listened to a fascinating programme on BBC Radio2 last night. It was called 'Rhythm of the Reich' and it told the story of Charley and his Orchestra, This outfit was formed by Dr Goebels as part of the Nazi propaganda machine, They performed in a sort of ersatz American swing band style playing popular tunes of the day with altered lyrics to deliver propaganda messages and slagging off Churchhill and the Allies in general.

What was of great interest to me apart from the musical aspect (I'm a musician by profession) was the discovery that William Joyce 'Lord Haw Haw' conducted interviews with UBoat Aces. Now as far as I know all of Joyce's broadcasts were recorded so these interviews must be still in existance somewhere. Has anyone any idea how one could go about tracking them down ? also any information on Charley and his Orchestra would be most welcome.

Kindest regards

Do Chara

Barry

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Charley And His Orchestra Barry Scully 01/18/2006 10:49PM
Re: Charley And His Orchestra W Richthofen 01/25/2006 02:03PM
Re: Charley And His Orchestra Barry Scully 01/25/2006 04:23PM
Re: Charley And His Orchestra W Richthofen 01/26/2006 10:10AM
Re: U boat commanders records Alex 10/23/2006 06:18PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.