Movies and Films  
This is the forum for Movie and Film discussions. Again, our topic is naval warfare in WWII for the most part. 
Re: Where Can I find Das Boot
Posted by: Doug Struthers ()
Date: March 16, 2006 12:15AM

Pat S.

Das Boot?

Amazon.com is a great site for speed of delivery and usually price but it involves the Internet so you may balk at it.

Since I am not sure which country you live in these suggestions may not apply:

* Future Shop
* Walmart

I would think that any video/DVD retailer could order Das Boot for you and have it within a week.

The DIRECTOR'S CUT is the "best" option in that it is 3 1/2 hours and is available with ENGLISH or in GERMAN WITH ENGLISH SUBTITLES. The "original" 2 1/2 hour version may be a little hard to find now unless you went to ebay.com (again, the Internet). There is now the full length 5 hour version (finally released in North America in June 2004) ca;;ed DAS BOOT: THE ORIGINAL UNCUT VERSION. This is great because of its length but it has some sequences that the average viewer may find "drags" a bit. It does NOT have the optional "Director's Commentary" that only the DIRECTOR'S CUT has...highly recommended for you is DAS BOOT: THE DIRECTOR'S CUT.

Again, try the shops listed above or go to any store that sells videos/DVD and see if they can order it for you.

Hope this helps.

Doug

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Where Can I find Das Boot Pat S. 03/16/2006 12:04AM
Re: Where Can I find Das Boot Doug Struthers 03/16/2006 12:15AM
Re: Where Can I find Das Boot Pat S. 03/16/2006 02:29AM
Re: Where Can I find Das Boot PatW 03/16/2006 03:18AM
Re: Where Can I find Das Boot walter schmidt 03/16/2006 05:37AM
Re: Where Can I find Das Boot David W 03/27/2006 02:48PM
Re: Where Can I find Das Boot Brad 04/27/2006 09:38PM
Re: Where Can I find Das Boot dmy 05/31/2006 09:11AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.