Movies and Films  
This is the forum for Movie and Film discussions. Again, our topic is naval warfare in WWII for the most part. 
Re: Das Boot , Book and Film . Any idea about HLW feelings about LGB work ?
Date: June 12, 2007 01:36PM

Hello Jan Noell, dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

I believe we have the (!) expert on HLW as member on this forum and that is our charming and intelligent PhD-Lady IO from the cradle of Europe, Greece, who I am pretty sure is able and willing to answer your interesting question as to the best of her knowledge. She has helped as a great deal with her expertise to get a grip on matters concerning U 96, HLW, LGB and so on.

This link:

[de.wikipedia.org]

does not answer your inquire but might give you additional data as to his CV.

As far as I know the German merchant navy choose and consequently let HLW run the first trials with the new build OTTO HAHN, because of his experience in “dangerous waters” when he commanded U 96. They thought, because of this, his record he was the men to tell them how much this new ship could take when running on high speed or in stormy waters and what do to about it in the cockpit and then made him captain of this nuclear powered vessel.

You all have a nice day.
Sincerely Yours
VEK

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Das Boot , Book and Film . Any idea about HLW feelings about LGB work ? Jean-Noël Muller 06/11/2007 04:22PM
Re: Das Boot , Book and Film . Any idea about HLW feelings about LGB work ? Volker Erich Kummrow 06/12/2007 01:36PM
Re: Das Boot , Book and Film . Any idea about HLW feelings about LGB work ? PatW 06/12/2007 03:44PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.