Movies and Films  
This is the forum for Movie and Film discussions. Again, our topic is naval warfare in WWII for the most part. 
das boot
Posted by: Artem ()
Date: January 10, 2008 12:09AM

Dear friends, let me to express my opinion about this legendary film. Be hones, three days ago it was my first time watching it. I was impressed by the soldiers courage and bravery. Although there are so many Hollywood films depicting WW2 events but I think them even cannt be compared to "das boot".
It is the film that makes people to pay atention to such problems as submarines battles in North Atlantic. As for me this aspect of WW2 was concealed and unknown. Another important point I`d like to emphasize - I am russian and we used to think that Germans ( I mean fascists) were cruel and extremely severe, brutal persons. And I am still convinced that the most of them who came to USSR were like these. It is due to ideology I think. But I had not any idea about other Germans, they were brave and were wageing war fairly, in concordance with all rules and laws of knight war. For example, I was shoked to get to know that in 1940 Germans submarines forewarned of English ships about its attacks. So, I have a questions. Could you be so kind to advise me some other films about WW2 submarines to see. Thanks.What do you

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
das boot Artem 01/10/2008 12:09AM
Re: das boot schalke 01/10/2008 09:57PM
Re: das boot gerard heimann 01/11/2008 04:11PM
Re: das boot ThomasHorton 04/11/2008 02:51PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.