Modeling and schematics  
Looking for schematics or helpful tips on modeling? This might be the place for you to share your ideas. 
Re: Models or plans/blueprints for any/all WWI uboats
Posted by: Eric Howell ()
Date: April 11, 2008 07:22PM

Hello, I am kind of new to the whole modeling thing all together and one of my favorite ships is Bismarck which some day I hope to buy plans to build. I figured I would start smaller and cheaper instead of a full ship I took the next best thing, Bismarcks little brother.... U-556, A u boat built next door to Bismarck.

For those of you who do not know the story the captains knew each other and U-556 was headed to meet Bismarck after it had sunk hood and watched as Ark Royal's aircraft left the desk to finish Bismarck off, having no torpedo's left U-556 could only sit and watch Bismarck’s final moments.

I am looking to buy, if their not to expensive, Full detail plans of U-556 or a type VIIC U boat very similar to it in a 1/50th or 1/100th scale plans. If I get 1/100 I am sure they can be scaled up to 1/50th easily with a bit more money or so I have been told. I don’t plan on this being a shelf model, I would love to put electronics in it and take it out to a lake.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Models or plans/blueprints for any/all WWI uboats mic53mlb 03/04/2008 08:10PM
Re: Models or plans/blueprints for any/all WWI uboats Dave 03/09/2008 11:40PM
Re: Models or plans/blueprints for any/all WWI uboats mic53mlb 03/13/2008 11:52AM
Re: Models or plans/blueprints for any/all WWI uboats GaryM 03/26/2008 01:51AM
Re: Models or plans/blueprints for any/all WWI uboats Chuck 09/26/2009 11:41PM
Re: Models or plans/blueprints for any/all WWI uboats Gabor Hopocky 04/08/2008 04:01PM
Re: Models or plans/blueprints for any/all WWI uboats Eric Howell 04/11/2008 07:22PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.