Modeling and schematics  
Looking for schematics or helpful tips on modeling? This might be the place for you to share your ideas. 
Re: Revell 1/144 Type II new release
Date: August 17, 2013 06:16AM

I can confirm this is a reboxed ICM. the sprues are stamped with their logo and the parts are not numbered. I am currently building one and i have to say it is an "ok" kit but not nearly as detailed as Revell's own VII's in 1/144.

No rivets, no panel lines to speak of... it has some fit issues and nearly all parts do not have locating pins. Some parts are really fragile so some care is needed to get the parts off of the sprue, i broke some on mine and had to scratch them.

If you want to go uber accurate on a type IIB i would suggest some serious aftermarket gear or a different kit alltogether. For those that aren't the rivet counter type i would say with some clever paintwork and weathering it will look like a type II and isn't too difficult with some filling and sanding. Only about 65 parts.

Decals and instructions offer you U-9, U-20 and U-23. Important thing to note would be the fact that Revell kits never come with swastikas due to legal reasons so the Kriegsmarine flags provided have their center blanked out.

Having said all that i would say that, while it isn't very good it isn't terrible either.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Revell 1/144 Type II new release John Doherty 10/29/2012 07:28PM
Re: Revell 1/144 Type II new release Krzysztof Szarawarski 02/11/2013 10:39PM
Re: Revell 1/144 Type II new release nerdling 02/24/2013 10:24PM
Re: Revell 1/144 Type II new release Richard Jongepier 08/17/2013 06:16AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.