General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
unknown vessel,hudson river
Posted by: todd petro ()
Date: July 09, 2002 09:38AM

<HTML>iam loking for anyone who could possibly have any info on a vessel that was brought up the hudson river when my father was a kid around 1940 it was towed up the river by tug boats and pushed up onto the shore and cut up for metal scrap my father used to play on it when he was a kid and it was supposed to be a german sub chase is what it was called if there is such a thing my father said there was a name on the back of it he thinks it was derhmock but not sure what was left of it is still ther to this day but all that remains to be seen is about 10ft of the bow that sticks out into the river and can be sen pretty good at low tide it was said to be used as a property divider for two pieces of land which are the old delaval site and sedgwick elevators in poughkeepsie n.y iam looking for some kind of info on this thing to find out what it was were it came from and its name if anybody has any info please cause nobody in this area has any knowledge of this or even knows its there..</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
unknown vessel,hudson river todd petro 07/09/2002 09:38AM
Re: unknown vessel,hudson river James C 04/18/2016 03:11PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.