General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Paid In Full
Posted by: Fin Bonset ()
Date: April 02, 2001 05:13PM

<HTML>Hello everyone,

I have just completed the book: \"Paid in Full\" by Eckhart Marloff. I highly recommend this book. It is a first hand account from a young Kriegsmarine officer. He first is drafted into the u-boot service but under strange circumstances gets tranferred to other duties. He uses his submarine training in other theaters of war and became very successful becomming the youngest full lieutnant at 20 years of age in the Kriegsmarine. An excellent read. He encounters Donitz several times and has a high respect for him as he says that respect was common amongst all Kriegsmarine officers. In addition, the book focuses on some of the inside politics within the Kriegsmarine and some of the power trips by some of its high ranking members. Donitz made sure these types of incidents remained minimal.

Anyway, I would love to hear from others who have read this book. I highly recommend this to all my comrades in here. The story this man has to tell is simply amazing, he should not have survived the war. He was even in the K-forces. If you want to understand the mindset of a German fighting man, this is the book.

Thanks for listening to me babble on about this book. It is really exciting so I had to share it.

Regards to all,

Fin

P.S. Tonya, would this book be good to add to the database?</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Paid In Full Fin Bonset 04/02/2001 05:13PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.