General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
U-995 at sunset
Posted by: Craig McLean ()
Date: April 17, 2001 09:41PM

<HTML>I finally have a scan of a photo I took last November. I think it came out fairly nice, but the original photo has somewhat better detail and color.

The \"Brief History\" is open to criticism, although I was trying for the general spirit of the U-boat war, without too much detail, and I\'m sure precise numbers, etc., can be different depending on the source. Still, most of the history was off the top of my head, and I\'d like to know if someone catches something very much in error here, as we certainly have many experts hereabouts!!

[www.geocities.com]

_________

Be aware, many pages on this website are devoted to our club that battles scale model (3 to 6 foot long) warships from WWI and WWII eras. We play a sort of \"Axis versus Allies\" game on ponds and lakes with our ships (fairly expensive, as they are radio-controlled, etc.) all done in good fun between us all, and each of us has a genuine interest in real British, German, USA, Japanese, and Italian historical ships...and many other nationalities. Model warship combat is simply a hobby, not so different from radio-controlled airplanes, except we actually shoot at and sink each other! :)

But my real love is the U-boats, and I had to have a few pages devoted to the memory of them and the brave men who served aboard them in those difficult times!!

Best,
Craig</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
U-995 at sunset Craig McLean 04/17/2001 09:41PM
RE: U-995 at sunset Rainer Bruns 04/18/2001 01:19AM
RE: U-995 at sunset Craig McLean 04/18/2001 04:55PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.