General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
RE: Kriegsmarine Uniform And Beer Belly
Posted by: Simon ()
Date: April 28, 2001 09:52AM

<HTML>Hello Ying!
I have never heard that it was forbidden to wear the white uniform from 1939 to 1944. In Lothar-Günther Buchheim´s book \"Der U-Boot Krieg\" (War Of The Submarines) is a meeting between some very famous captains described, who came together for the afternoon´s drink. Buchheim: \"Strahlende Götterlieblinge in weiß mit dem Ritterkreuz am Hals\" (Loved children of god in white with the knight´s cross round their necks). This must happened between 39 and 44, because Commander Kuppisch was there, too, and he died in 1943. I have never heard of white uniforms in the navy of the geman emperor, too. In fact, the white uiform was for using in the summer, it was called \"Sommeruniform\". You can also see some commanders on this site who wear the white uniform.
They were not sized in S, M, L and so on, because they are standing for english words. This divison exists in Germany for not more than ten or twenty years and even today in most cases there is another-german-division.

You wonder about the fact, that Dönitz didn´t became a bigger waistline? Well, remember of the fod he got in the russian month...

Hope that I could help you and I am sorry about my very limited english.
Simon
</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Kriegsmarine Uniform And Beer Belly Ying 04/28/2001 08:32AM
RE: Kriegsmarine Uniform And Beer Belly Simon 04/28/2001 09:52AM
RE: Kriegsmarine Uniform And Beer Belly kpp 04/28/2001 11:46AM
RE: Kriegsmarine Uniform And Beer Belly Ying 04/29/2001 10:43AM
RE: Kriegsmarine Uniform And Beer Belly joe brandt 04/30/2001 01:05AM
RE: Kriegsmarine Uniform And Beer Belly kpp 04/30/2001 03:58PM
RE: Kriegsmarine Uniform And Beer Belly John R. 04/30/2001 04:04PM
RE: Kriegsmarine Uniform And Beer Belly joe brandt 04/30/2001 07:35PM
Any Pictures? Ying 05/01/2001 12:22PM
Pic Of The White Uniform Ying 05/01/2001 02:02PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.