General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
RE: Kriegsmarine Uniform And Beer Belly
Posted by: joe brandt ()
Date: April 30, 2001 01:05AM

<HTML>Hi Ying . I looked at the website that contains the picture of the white uniform that you speak of . The uniform in the [picture was called a WHITE PULLOVER SHIRT/BLUSE or a WHITE JUMPER . It was to be worn in the summer from APRIL to SEPTEMBER , at all other times the blue version was to be worn. But , this outfit was not worn by officers ......seamen only . In all my 32 years of collecting German militaria I have never heard of this restriction of wearing this white uniform from 1939-1944 , nor do I have this in any of my books. Certain types of parade dress uniforms were deleted from use as the war started but not this type of standard sailors dress , the white and blue pullover is or was common wear in most navies of the world.
Now if you are talking about officer white uniforms they were called WEISSES JACKETT or WHITE JACKET , it to was worn between APRIL and SEPTEMBER . it was white and single breasted with 6 gold buttons ( pre and very early war ) later 4 . It also had rank shoulder straps 4 pleated patch pockets and a gilt metal national emblem , all emblems and buttons were removeable for cleaning. Also worn with this jacket were white trousers , white shirt and a black tie .

If you see \"s, m , or L \"on any German military items it is 100 % fake , all measurements are in metric i.e. \"42 , 52 , 56 \"etc . American items use the \"S , M , L \"\" </HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Kriegsmarine Uniform And Beer Belly Ying 04/28/2001 08:32AM
RE: Kriegsmarine Uniform And Beer Belly Simon 04/28/2001 09:52AM
RE: Kriegsmarine Uniform And Beer Belly kpp 04/28/2001 11:46AM
RE: Kriegsmarine Uniform And Beer Belly Ying 04/29/2001 10:43AM
RE: Kriegsmarine Uniform And Beer Belly joe brandt 04/30/2001 01:05AM
RE: Kriegsmarine Uniform And Beer Belly kpp 04/30/2001 03:58PM
RE: Kriegsmarine Uniform And Beer Belly John R. 04/30/2001 04:04PM
RE: Kriegsmarine Uniform And Beer Belly joe brandt 04/30/2001 07:35PM
Any Pictures? Ying 05/01/2001 12:22PM
Pic Of The White Uniform Ying 05/01/2001 02:02PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.